It’s the Thursday before Thanksgiving and you’re getting divorced… tough as it may sound, it’s important to put down your pad and pen, eat some Turkey (tofurkey works, too) and remember what you have to be thankful for. Here’s a Top 5 for a little chuckle:
- You will get divorced… For some that day may be soon and for others not soon at all, but whenever the day is, it will come!
- For those with children (four-legged count also), regardless of how you feel about your soon to be ex, your relationship gave you the wonderful kids that you may be doing this for! For those without children, be thankful that once you are divorced, your connection to your ex will be minimal, if any!
- New traditions (and some may add no more Thanksgivings with your in-laws)!
- Prenuptial Agreements (whether this time around or next)…
- … And the capable counsel you have guiding you along this journey (who can even make you laugh once in a while)!
In all seriousness, the holidays are a good time to reflect and remember that you can take a step away, take a deep breath and just enjoy your time without focusing on your divorce… even the Courts are closed next week!